NHI Annual Conference
Thursday 12th November 2015
Double Tree by Hilton, Burlington Road, Dublin 4
(PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE FOR 2015)
Details re the new RCSI competence assessment model for overseas nurses wishing to register to practice in Ireland will be outlined by Thomas Kearns
Work being undertaken by Deloitte, who have been commissioned by NHI to undertake a review of Fair Deal pricing processes, will be outlined
What are the do's and don'ts in designing for people with dementia requirements? Professor June Andrews of the University of Stirling will advise and present details of best practice
We're delighted to announce this year's keynote speaker is Norah Casey, broadcaster, publishing entrepreneur and former nurse
Break-out sessions will again provide choice. Dr. Kevin Moore, University of Ulster, has been commissioned by NHI to undertake research to assess the lived experiences of persons in nursing homes. He will outline initial findings of his reasearch.
Alternatively, breakout session 2 will feature Philip Daughen, Estates/Fire Safety Inspector within HIQA, who will advise on fire precautions in nursing homes.
Minister with Responsibility for Older Person Care Kathleen Lynch TD will deliver the opening address
How can I book my place?
Its very simple - simply click the Book Online Now image at the top of this page!
The fee payable is €40 per member (lunch included) - €180 for non-members.
Alternatively you can lodge payment to NHI account. The NHI account details are as follows:
Account No: 00684-086
Sort Code: 93-10-04
IBAN: IE30 AIBK 9310 0400 6840 86
2015 Conference Programme
(Please click on the image below to view)
Click here to view the list of Exhibitors at the 2015 Annual Conference
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 16 Sep 2015
- Hundreds of Nursing Homes demand Minister Varadkar to take control of nurse registration crisis
- 16 Sep 2015
- Minister needs to take charge of registration crisis
- 14 Sep 2015
- NHI: Department of Health Emergency Taskforce Meeting must tackle nurse registration crisis
- 20 Jul 2015
- NHI Statement re Review of the Nursing Homes Support Scheme (Fair Deal)
- 3 Jul 2015
- NHI statement re HIQA publication: Annual overview report on the regulation of designated centres for older people – 2014
- 30 Jun 2015
- Worrying Drop In Number Of Nursing Homes Could Jeopardise Care For Older People, Report Finds
- 24 Jun 2015
- Extraordinary NMBI delays threaten capacity warns Nursing Homes Ireland
- 23 Jun 2015
- Additional Resources Required for Care
- 21 Jun 2015
- Nursing Homes Week To Kick Off With Events For 23,000 Residents Across Ireland
- 8 Jun 2015
- Crisis in Public Nursing Home Care now imminent
- 6 Apr 2015
- State covering up cost of public nursing home care
- 2 Apr 2015
- NHI Statement: A & E overcrowding