Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 5 Mar 2014
- Statement by NHI CEO Tadhg Daly re departure of HIQA Chief Executive Dr Tracey Cooper
- 27 Feb 2014
- Government must awaken to realise potential to create thousands of jobs in long-term residential care
- 12 Feb 2014
- Media Coverage of Health's Ageing Crisis: Time for Action
- 11 Feb 2014
- Diverting Essential Nursing Home Funding Will Have Huge Cost Says Report
- 11 Feb 2014
- An Tánaiste launches innovative Nursing Home Programme
- 8 Jan 2014
- NHI statement re reports number of patients on hospital trolleys continues to increase
- 18 Dec 2013
- Illogical and shocking cut to Fair Deal will see 939 fewer persons supported for nursing home care in 2014
- 15 Dec 2013
- Nursing Homes Ireland says ESRI report is a stark warning to Government and health planners
- 22 Nov 2013
- Drivetime RTE Radio 1: Nursing home residents access to therapies
- 7 Nov 2013
- Nursing Homes Ireland Annual Conference hears of ‘ticking timebomb’
- 6 Nov 2013
- New focus needs to be placed on Cancer Screening in Older People, says University of Pennsylvania Expert
- 6 Nov 2013
- State warned of critical shortfall in respect of nursing home care: Today with Sean O'Rourke