Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 6 Apr 2017
- NHI Letter to Irish Examiner re Dementia Care
- 6 Apr 2017
- Census 2016: State cannot continue to turn a blind eye to ‘older old’ populations healthcare needs
- 28 Mar 2017
- Five Nations Care Forum Edinburgh Statement: Severe Underfunding
- 25 Jan 2017
- HSE must be questioned regarding planning failure for A & E crisis
- 19 Jan 2017
- NHI statement re hospital bed crisis & nursing home bed availability
- 5 Jan 2017
- 700+ beds available in nursing homes during A & E crisis
- 14 Dec 2016
- PAC Should Interrogate HSE Service Plan, Says Nursing Homes Ireland
- 8 Dec 2016
- The Irish Independent publishes NHI Supplement
- 23 Nov 2016
- PAC focus on public nursing home costs welcomed
- 16 Nov 2016
- Short-sighted delivery of health services threatens to make older people suffer this Winter
- 13 Oct 2016
- Nursing announcement provides further evidence of State abusing dominance within health sector
- 10 Oct 2016
- Nursing Homes Ireland calls on PAC to investigate Cost of Care in HSE Nursing Homes