Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
NHI/Irish Independent Supplement, 20th November 2014 NURSING HOMES: SPECIAL CARE CREATING HAPPINESS
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 28 Oct 2014
- Fair Deal crisis generating national headlines
- 14 Oct 2014
- NHI Budget 2015 statement: Crisis in elderly care will spiral out of control
- 7 Oct 2014
- Extraordinary Delays in Fair Deal Funding - NHI Pre-Budget Submission
- 2 Oct 2014
- Minister Needs to Prioritise Older Person Crisis in Budget 2015
- 12 Sep 2014
- Health spend warnings emphasise critical importance of adequately resourcing older person care to enable healthcare delivery
- 8 Aug 2014
- Faster access to nursing home care key to addressing hospital overcrowding
- 30 Jul 2014
- Have Your Say: New Nursing Homes Standards Launched For Nationwide Public Consultation
- 15 Jul 2014
- NHI welcomes key recommendations in Oireachtas Health Committee Report on End of Life & Palliative Care in Ireland
- 11 Jul 2014
- NHI statement: Appointment of Deputy Leo Varadkar as Minister for Health
- 10 Jul 2014
- Plan to extend free GP Care welcome but addressing crisis in older person care must be prioritised
- 9 Jul 2014
- Survey highlights crisis in older person care that must be priority for Minister for Health
- 22 Jun 2014
- Honour inspirational nursing home residents & staff