Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- 20 May 2013
- NHI launches national campaign for Forum on Long-Term Residential Care
- 7 May 2013
- TV3 profiles nursing home life to coincide with NHI Care Awards 2013 launch
- 30 Apr 2013
- CSO report provides further warning for Government to plan now for ageing population
- 25 Apr 2013
- NHI concern at measure to freeze Fair Deal placement list
- 21 Apr 2013
- Problems besetting Fair Deal evidence of failure to plan scheme
- 19 Apr 2013
- Dail Eireann questions re nursing home care, April 2013
- 16 Apr 2013
- Irish Times article: Nursing your way through the new 'Fair Deal' process
- 10 Apr 2013
- INECMA Annual Conference to hear details of new national programme that will deliver improved care for older persons
- 2 Apr 2013
- Evening Echo article: State failing those who need a nursing home
- 28 Mar 2013
- Nursing Home Care has critical role to play in alleviating overcrowding at Mid-Western Regional
- 20 Mar 2013
- Moving Around Budgets for Older People just Robbing Peter to Pay Paul
- 14 Mar 2013
- NHI outlines critical role of nursing homes in addressing overcrowding at Mayo General & importance of resident choice